There are several steps you can take to avoid container detention fees:
- Plan ahead and ensure that your container is ready for pickup as soon as possible after it is loaded (or unloaded). This will give you more time to return it to the terminal before the detention deadline.
- Communicate with your carrier or logistics provider about the estimated time of arrival for the container. This will help them plan for its return to the terminal and avoid any delays.
- Keep track of the container detention deadline and make sure that the container is returned to the terminal before it expires.
- Consider using a third-party logistics provider or freight forwarder to manage the container delivery process, as they can help you navigate any potential delays and ensure that the container is returned to the terminal on time.
- If you do end up incurring detention fees, try negotiating with the terminal operator to have them waived or reduced. In some cases, they may be willing to work with you if the delay was due to circumstances beyond your control.
Talk to us about our ntainers.co solution.